Sunday 11 November 2012

Leftovers and comfort food.

I'm a big fan of using left over, using up what we have and making the best out of ingredients that we already have in, before buying any more. 

This lunch is an example of me using up leftovers:

This is roast chicken, with roast veg, both of which were left over from a meal, plus a pear from the cupboard. A very delicious, low cost lunch, made from left overs.

I'm also a bit in love with my new lunch box:



I love the divided sections of this box, which means I can do all sorts of combinations of foods, and don't have to worry about them touching! Watch this space about more ideas with the lunch box....

I was also treated to a hot chocolate from a chain this week - I went with one of their christmas editions - honeycomb hot chocolate:


Tasted a bit like the well known chocolate honeycomb bar with the golden wrapping - very nice!

I've also had porridge:

Cinnamon porridge with warmed blueberries and peanut butter


Banana porridge with warmed berries and peanut butter

It's been a good week.

N xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment