Sunday 10 June 2012

The 'I can't believe you made that' cake.

I love cookery programs and cookery books. When Lorraine Pascale's Baking Made Easy was on the tv, I did watch it and found it to be very enjoyable. She made some amazing things and made it look so easy at the same time. 

So, when I was asked to make a cake for an 18th birthday party, I knew exactly what I was going to make. I was going to make her 'I can't believe you made that' cake, with a slight variations. I used strawberries instead of raspberries, and with chocolate fingers instead of chocolate cigarillos. 

I have to admit, it turned out pretty good. 


Please ignore how rubbish the picture is, I was taking it in a hurry!


Chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, chocolate fingers and strawberries - who isn't going to like that?

I must admit, making a cake for the first time for someone's 18th birthday wasn't the brightest plan in hindsight, as I was pretty stressed whilst making it, but the end result was fine. In fact, if the whispers are true, it was better than the bought birthday cake they had as well ;) I'm happy with that. 

N xxx


3 comments:

  1. It looks brill - very different, but great!

    Well done... Perhaps you should go into business!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delicious. Can't believe it was your first!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed and not at all surprised to hear it was better received than the shop bought one.

    ReplyDelete