Monday 18 March 2013

Comfort and ease.

I like nothing better than coming home from work and relaxing. I don't want to spend lots of time doing stuff when I get home; home time is for relaxing, spending time with family and winding down after a hectic day. 

And that includes food and cooking. I love cooking, but the last thing I want to do after a long day at work is slave away for ages over a meal - I want something nice, simple and easy. 

This is what we had for tea tonight:


The potatoes, onion and peas were things we had in already. That's a pork shoulder steak on the plate too, which cost 75p and we needed apple sauce too. But, a very tasty meal which doesn't cost much and little effort in cooking is the best one in my book. 

Happy Monday. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a perfect dinner. Good wholesome food.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Weekday dinners should be quick and simple. The weekends are for pottering around in the kitchen creating culinary masterpieces.

    Today's a fast day so we had chicken and haricot beans in a lemon and rosemary sauce. Sounds complicated by it was a doddle - a tasted delicious.

    ReplyDelete